It’s International Self Care Day today! What are my fellow feral housewives doing to keep their mind in the middle? Here’s a list of my five favorites.
- Read a magazine. You know, one
from the GIANT PILE OF PARENTING MAGAZINES UNDER MY NIGHTSTANDthat you’d never want to be seen reading in public. The kind that are always lying around when you get a pedicure, so you slyly grab one to quickly catch up on Prince William & Kateworld affairs while that perfect shade of Madame President red dries perfectly on your callused toespoor, tired feet.
- Take a drive. I don’t know about you, but I LOVE to discover new places, so sometimes I’ll just go out and explore roads I’ve passed but never been down. Because I’m still fairly new here, it’s not hard.
- Rage clean. Sometimes self-care for me means cleaning up my kid-ruled house, if only for an hour or so. I’m so much more calm waking up to a clutter-free bedroom, or
a nice clean floor where that pile of magazines used to be under my nightstanda living room free of errant dog bones, tumbleweeds of dog hairor singing Daniel Tiger characters. Plug in the vacuum and say OMMMMMMMMMMM……
- Go go a thrift store. It never fails to put me in a happy place. Where else can you go through thousands of people’s closets and
quietly judge their tastefind something absolutely perfect for the price of a coffee. It’a a bit of an obsession of mine, really.
- Put your hands in the dirt. Similar to rage cleaning, but outside with fresh air and neighbors watching. I like pulling weeds, picking berries, and occasionally getting
a little too crazy with the hedgetrimmersa good workout in. It’s a great way to feel better about life, lawn, and the world in general.